ACACIA QUARTET'S 2016 FUNDRAISER
In just six years Acacia has gone from strength to strength and is now recognised as one of the countries' leading chamber music ensembles - having received nominations from APRA and ARIA for their numerous recordings, performing superb concerts across Australia, inspiring young people in their youth music projects and supporting Australian composers.
Last year's fundraiser helped Acacia move its self presented concert series to the Sydney Opera House, Utzon Room as well as create a new Children's Concert series in Manly and the Southern Highlands. Acacia were also able to bring out internationally acclaimed violist Emile Cantor from Germany for their festival and regional tour and commission a new string quartet from Australian award winning composer Sally Whitwell.
Monies raised from this year's fundraising event will help Acacia continue their popular concerts for children, performances in regional Australia and their concert series at the Sydney Opera House. In addition, Acacia need to raise money for their first European tour in April next year. Acacia are proud to announce they have been invited by the Raphael Foundation in Berlin to perform four concerts in honor of Günter Raphael's 114th Anniversary and record three of his string quartets for CD. Acacia would love to use this wonderful opportunity to take intensive masterclasses with members of the famous Artemis and Orpheus String Quartets whilst in Europe.
Help Acacia Quartet reach its goal by joining them on Sunday 6 November, 2pm - 5pm for an enjoyable afternoon of fine performances, canapés from Rustic Table Catering, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio wines from Rotherwood Estate and over $8000 worth of prizes!
* A private concert in your home or at a function by Acacia Quartet
* Sydney Seaplanes 'Sydney Secrets' Scenic Flight
* Captain's Dinner Cruise with drinks voucher on Sydney Harbour
* Weekend away at the luxury Rob Roy Garden Cottage in Leura
* Acacia's 2017 subscription series at the Utzon Room, Sydney Opera House
* Original artwork, signed by illustrator Lisa Stewart
* Half dozen Rotherwood Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio wines from the Southern Highlands
* Captain Cook Cruise Family Day Passes
* Double pass to the Bowral Autumn Music Festival from 24-26 March 2017
* Boutique accommodation for two at 'The Shed' at St Chad's in Bowral